1. I have never parallel parked a car.
2. I once went to Slovakia by accident on my way to Austria.
3. I have to check my car door 3 times to make sure it's locked and closed before I can leave it.
4. I used to love Hanson's music...I still do.
5. I didn't get my first kiss until I was 21.
6. The biggest "impulse" buy I ever made was my town home.
7. I didn't submit my life to the Lord until I was almost 17 and am still learning to submit daily.
8. I sleep with the fan on year round and am very particular about having plenty of space on my side of the bed: I'm thinking my future husband might need to get his own bed.
9. I love New York City in the winter-but don't care for it in the summer.
10. I delight in giving gifts to other people but am typically very poor in receiving compliments-not sure how that works.
11. I'm the most adventurous homebody you'll ever meet. I don't want to go 4 miles downtown to a club but can't wait to get 1,000 miles away to some forgotten jungle/beach. I am just as content to work a puzzle at home as I am to go white-water rafting.
12. My name is Katherine Elizabeth but I like to be called Katie Beth. Or KB. Or KBG. Except by family, I like my family to call me Katie or Cousin Katie. When people other than family call me Katie I feel slightly violated.
13. I am not a feminist in any sense of the word.
14. I once cried reading a Peanuts strip because they were so mean to Charlie Brown.
15. Some of the most satisfying moments of my life have been at the end of a hard run/soccer game/etc. in the intense heat-I absolutely love feeling physically spent and sweaty at the end of a challenge succeeded.
16. I hate, hate, text language. I will never use: lol, u, r, wtf, or any other poor excuse for proper English.
17. My cousin once told me I am a conservative hippie-I'd have to agree.
18. I love to sleep. To quote "The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood": "I crave sleep. I can taste it, taste sleep and that it was as delicious as a BLT on fresh French bread."
19. I write in all of my books.
20. My house is always cluttered and I like it that way-I'm more content in organized chaos.
21. My poor memory has been one of my greatest struggles of all time. If you've ever seen my left hand, you know how hard it is for me to remember things. Comprehending organic chemistry was easier than being able to remember it by the next semester. Because of this great deficit, I am often referred to as "Dorrie" from Finding Nemo. Feel free to laugh about it, I agree fully.
22. The best salad I've ever had was at Jepetto's in Salt Lake City. And they have an one handed guitar player there who was amazing.
23. I am happiest when our family gets together in the protected aura of the old farm-our mighty clan gathers from Nashville to South Carolina and raises a beautiful racket that absolutely delights the heart and sets the spirit free. As much as I love to roam, my rogue heart will always long for Cookeville, TN and the tender memories experienced there. The sweetest laughs and most refreshing cries I have ever expended have been on that sacred land, whether it was in the context of meals that lasted too long, Rook games, Lonesome Dove nights, Naughty Santa with the infamous knife, back yard football or late, late night talks.
24. I love road trips-doesn't matter to where, I just love them.
25. I sleep next to a Starry Night. Not under one, but next to it.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you are a conservative hippie. that is special.
ReplyDeletehaha, you went to slovakia on your way to austria. how silly. ;-)
jbs